Sun Awareness Week 3rd May-9th May 2021
With almost half of British people having been sunburnt last year, Sun Awareness week highlights the importance of looking after your skin in the sun.
1. Spend time in the shade when the sun is at its strongest between 11am-3pm
2. Keep yourself well covered, and wear a hat and sunglasses
3. Avoid direct sunlight for young children and babies
4. Apply high protection sunscreen of at least SPF 30 liberally to exposed skin and reapply this after swimming or every 2 hours
5. The British Association of Dermatologists recommends that you tell your doctor about any changes to moles.
Please follow this link for an easy guide to checking your moles : Easy Way to check your Moles
Further information on skin protection can be found at the following :
Cancer Research UK
BAD Skin Awareness Week