About our Patient Forum
We are currently taking expressions of interest from members of the public affected by cancer, who would like to be part of a forum that contributes ideas to the way cancer services are delivered in Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
As a result of COVID 19 pandemic forum meetings will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams.
Please follow this link : PCA User Rep - Expression of Interest Form & Monitoring Form to access and complete an expression of interest form.
Please download and email completed forms to Beth Kingshott, PCA Support Manager : email@example.com
If you experience problems with downloading the form please reach out to Beth Kingshott, who will be able to send you a copy.
What could you expect to get back in return as patient/ carer representative?
Patient and carers who are involved with NHS organisations in such a capacity, often say they get a lot from their involvement experience. The following benefits to patients and carers have been recognised:
- A feeling of ‘giving something back’
- A feeling of making things better/ making a difference
- A renewed understanding of their own personal cancer journey
- Meeting other cancer patients and sharing experiences
- Increased confidence in speaking in public